As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You're only meant to blow the bloody doors off

Three miles of intervals - 5 times 3 minutes with 90 secs recovery - 16:03 (5:21 pace)

I really couldnt be bothered with this tonight - my legs felt oddly heavy all day and I was also suffering from extreme tiredness after staying up too late last night. If an easy run had been due I would have binned it off for sure, but as it was an important training day I forced myself to go.

It's several weeks since I did this exact session on this route - last time I took 15m 50s.

Possibly kidding myself that I would easily beat my previous time, I was shocked into action as I reached the end of the first 3 minute effort some 20-30 metres short of where I usually reach. A quick grass test revealed I'd had the wind behind me, light though it was. Running much harder, I gained back some time over the remaining distance, and overall I'm happy with the result given how bad I felt before I started out.

If my legs still feel bad tomorrow I may opt to do an hour jogging with Scamp in preference to my planned 8 miles easy run.


Over zealous use of dynamite had taken out the walls and roof too

No comments:

Post a Comment