As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Two new dogs

Today I was called out to work at a house where they had two adorable Border Collie Pups.


This one is called Brocky



and this one I forgotten her name but I think it started with a J.

How much I miss Daisy, who looked very similar to the young lady above, although Daisy had ears much less like a wolf. On Saturday I took delivery of this canvas of Daisy - it's a photo I took a few weeks ago at Bass' Lake. Must find a proper place to hang it up.


Anyhowser, to business. 


Saturday - Two Laps of Gelt with Darren, Scamp and Pepper.
Lap one very easy pace - stopping for dogs to pee etc
Lap two - moderate pace to begin with, then hard effort for the second half of the lap. 31mins 45s.
A good workout. the ground is so dry in Gelt that road shoes are the order of the day - they dont even get dirty.

Today, Sunday - Two laps of Talkin Circuit. On my own.
Lap one - Reasonably easy effort - 44mins 41 seconds
Lap two - hard effort throughout yielding 42mins 30 seconds

Very wet for todays run but not cold, even at the decent height of Foresthead. Niggly wind as ever on top but overall  great conditions for running. My ever heavier vest was the most annoying thing about the run, but just not quite warm enough for removal.






No comments:

Post a Comment