As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tarmac or Guinness - it's the black stuff for me please

After poncing around up fells at the weekend today was back to some 'proper' running

3 miles of 2 mins hard, 1min rest, completed in 15:24, (5:08 pace)

I met Darren in the park and we ran out a mile at conversational pace. Then the mile back at a fair lick (5:47) to ensure we were properly warmed up, followed by a good little rest so we were ready for the carnage that followed.

After the first two minute rep we were together but Darren struggled a little thereafter to stay with me. My legs didn't feel great after the weekends long slow stuff but I was determined to give everything to these 3 quick miles. This was by far the hardest session I have done in the last 6 months. I found it devastatingly tough. I was letting out a kind of roar/scream/yell as I finished the last few reps, well it was either that or collapse and wait for an ambulance.

Managing sub-5 pace for a wind assisted 2 miles of these same intervals last week was pleasing- so to make 5:08 for a circuitous route 50% further is doubly pleasing. Tripoli pleasing even (as colonel Gaddafi might say.)


Stu's BGR performance was too great an acheivement to allow it to slip into memory after just a few days so here's another photo of the man himself as he was waited upon hand and foot (quite literally ) at Wasdale

No comments:

Post a Comment