As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Swimming? No chance!

If, on Saturday I ran 10 miles (including 18 minutes of merely jogging recovery between efforts) in 62 minutes, then how come tonight I could only just slip inside 36 minutes for 6 miles continuous hard effort running? I suppose the main thing is that I DID manage sub 36.


The course I was forced to use (due to being on my own and not having a Garmin) was two miles out - U turn  - two miles back - U turn - one mile out again - U turn - final mile back. It was quite windy tonight but not so strong as to make a big difference. I probably set off too fast with 5:45 being my first mile split. I then ran between 5:58 and 6:10 for the next 5 mile splits. Tuesdays efforts are probably still in my legs too so overall not a bad run tonight I suppose.

 No run planned tomorrow but a race coming up on Sunday. Not a serious race, I'm part of a team  competing in Day In The Lakes Triathlon (I'm doing the running bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment