As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Hot stuff

Very warm day yesterday. Following my post run shower I didn't even bother putting a top on until I got to bed when of course I donned my jim-jams, so that gives you some idea of the kind of day I'm talking about. Not good weather for hard training, but it had to be done.

Met Darren again and after a steady warm up including one 800m timed effort we ran 2 by 2miles. Slightly poor result for the outbound two, - 11:34, so not as fast as my 10k pace t'other week. Coming back was faster though, the light wind behind yielding a time of 11:02.
So, 22mins 36 secs for 4 miles is 5:39 per mile, which I am happy with considering the last mile I struggled to maintain the effort as I was so hot and knackered by then. Should have taken a drink for these reps - remember for next time.

I had said we should also run 2x 1mile but we were both so wasted that we knocked that plan on the head with little discussion or argument.

(only joking about the jimjams)

No comments:

Post a Comment