As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tired?

Session I decided on was to run three 2mile intervals with a four minute recovery. Have been doing four by 1mile the last few weeks but I don't feel that is enough although usually its been so hot that I could never face a fifth mile. So I thought that this 6mile session may be more beneficial.

Didn't go exactly to plan however. I think I was realistic in aiming for a pace between 5:40 and 5:50 per mile ( as the one mile x4 has been averaging out at 5:28 pace) but in the event only managed an average of 5:54 with the third effort being the fastest at 5:50. Pulse was low on the first effort - possibly not thoroughly warmed up. Pulse higher on the next and on the last it was where i expect it should have been throughout.

I am taking this struggle to perform as a sign I am possibly a bit tired, most likely from the tough race up Skiddaw on Sunday, so will take it easy now until Saturday.

Milly with me for this session. He did first and third efforts, jogging while I did 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment