As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back again

A wee while since posting - here's an update of the last few days
Saturday - BGR leg 2 as previous post
Sunday - No training (planned rest day)
Monday - No training (looking at new motor)
Tuesday - 9.3mile road race at Moffat, Scotland. Didn't race very well at all. possibly started out too hard then paid for the effort later on. Really struggled on the VERY STEEP one mile off road climb at about halfway. I wonder if this is because I am always walking steep climbs on BG training days? Anyway, still got first Vet 40, so made £15 profit for the day.
Wednesday - Too tired to train due to late in bed after race and lots of hot driving for work.
Thursday - 3miles of intervals split into 3minute effort, 90 second rest x5. Managed 5:21 pace for the efforts which I am happy with as its a touch faster than last time I did same session.
Milly with me for this session - he's getting back some speed too now. I think about 5:26 pace.

Tomorrow is a planned BG support on leg 1 at 1830hrs. 24 hr schedule so should feel easy - may do some or all of leg 2 too if all is well by Threlkeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment