As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, July 6, 2009

In the beginning

Let me start with a bit of background info.

I'm Steve, 40yrs old, Cumbrian born and bred. Interests include gardening, DIY, cycling and running. But mostly running to be honest. And mostly fell running whenever possible. I live in Carlisle with my partner Janet and our two dogs, Scamp and Daisy.

I have absolutely no idea wether this blog will interest anybody else, or even if I will keep it up to date with any regularity. I am beginning it today, now, as I sit in the garden eating lunch. Normally I would be at work but workmen are due to complete the cavity wall insulation today so I am home waiting. Hope they turn up soon.

I used to keep a training diary, in which I would log such details as how far I ran, where, who with, intensity, time/pace etc etc. Nowadays though I don't bother with a diary so perhaps this blog will serve a similar purpose.

In a bid to keep you dear readers interested and not bogged down with a literary tome in the first instance I shall publish at this stage and resume my gardening activities whilst keeping an eye out for the expected visitors with their drills.

No comments:

Post a Comment