As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Two weeks on

Well, with a fast lap of Gelt this morning thats my two week 'training holiday' over. Just myself and Darren running - after a very short warm up we ran at a fairly brisk pace to record 32:05. Not bad at all - would certainly be under 31 given a better warmup and once I'm back into regular training.

I probably ran 5 or 6 times in the two weeks I had off. Next week will be nearly back to normal with one session and a couple of other decent pace (or length) runs in the week. I don't have any plan or schedule for the next couple of months training. I intend to race often - mainly midweek when possible to free up the weekends for endurance training such as long road runs or hopefully fell running. Then, once theres only 13 weeks to go until Loch Ness Marathon I will resume a strict training schedule devised mainly by myself to bring home a decent result from Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment