As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monaco GP Weekend

Saturday, after a long walk with the dogs I ran the 10 mile circuit. I wanted to run it in a similar fashion to the usual Saturday run through Gelt (easy lap/hard lap) so I took it fairly steady to the turn then upped the pace considerably for the return. Trouble was - a tailwind all the way out gave a reasonable time (33:08) with just a steady effort input. To come back quicker would take some doing into the stiff breeze. Running faster shouldn't have mattered of course, as long as the effort was increased. However, I ran very hard indeed to record 64:48 which I think must be 31:40 for the return 5 headwind miles. In July, when I begin my marathon schedule, I will be aiming to run 6:10 pace for 10, 12, eventually 18 miles. That would be 61:40 for 10 miles which I think I could have ran today (3mins 8 faster), although that would be the main session of the weekend with the other day being much less intense.

As it was, I ran my main session today (Sunday). Two laps of the Talkin circuit.
Lap one I had Scamp with me on a stretchy lead. He didnt slow me up at all (or pull me along) but for some reason I only ran 45:50 for the lap. Very slow. Lap two, and with Scamp back in the van I deliberately set off at pace. Running the downhills and flatter sections at effort then taking it much easier up the main climbs I recorded 42:55. More like it although sub 43 is the kind of time I will be looking to run for every lap once I'm in 'Loch Ness mode' come July.

Todays photo is of the Daisy who now has a new owner and a new name. Various factors led me to take the decision to rehome her. I miss her terribly but hopefully I've done what's best for her, me and Scamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment