As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Ow me legs (are sore today)

Fellrun yesterday. I joined the Ugly Cowboy himself on a trip over leg two of the BGR. Stu had already ran leg one before I met up with him. This made it much easier for me to manage to keep up with the tremendous pace he always sets.

Not a bad day weatherwise - although we did have a brief spell in clag around Helvellyn Lower Man, along with a spattering of hail. (I noted this morning that a fresh blanket of snow had laid overnight on the high peaks.) I dont think either of us realised this at the time but the prevailing wind yesterday was from the North so we were very fortunate to spend the day running South. The leg was completed in 3hrs 20mins - much too quick really for anyone hoping to complete the full round in 22-23 hours. Stu will need to reign himself in on his day. Despite running nearly twice the distance I had, Stu ran away from me on the final descent (Seat Sandal) down to the waiting car. He's not especially good at downhills but I descended like a girl yesterday. The braking effect is certainly the cause of my very sore legs today.

My regime for Loch Ness will see me running 6 days per week (from 5 currently) so tonight I turned up at the local leisure centre where Millys dad has a group of 'less pacey' athletes. Milly was also in attendance so we pretty much ran off on our own from the start. We had a good crack and covered 5 or 6 or 7 miles - I've really no idea how far we ran, it was a very pleasant, cool evening, perfect for a steady jog.





And here is the man himself.
Obviously this photo can't explain why he is known as a cowboy.

1 comment:

  1. The reason I descended quicker then you yesterday was because of that drivel you were yapping about...... a camper van on Langdale or something!!
    Good to see a classy photo tho!!!
    Thanks for the run mate.

    ReplyDelete