As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sore legs and a missing 50


It's Wednesday evening and my legs are still damn sore from the downhills encountered on Sunday gone. Because of the soreness I felt on Monday I made a decision then to complete this weeks one and only 'session' on Thursday (tomorrow), by when, hopefully, they will be less sore and I will therefore be better able to run hard and well.

Are you managing to follow this? 'cos it gets even more complicated....

So, not wanting to just do easy runs all week (after all my two week 'holiday period' is over) on Tuesday, (knowing that Wednesday would be an easy short run) I completed a reasonable pace 7 miler. No watch worn but I estimate I was running at 6:30 pace effort which, with such bad legs probably only equalled 6:40 pace.

And finally to Wednesday. Walking home with two dogs I thought I might walk short then also take them running with me on a river route. I was enjoying the walk and actually decided to make the walk extra long and then follow it up with a short run on my own. So 1hr 45 walking - 35mins running.

So far on track for 6 days running this week. It's many a year since I regularly ran 6 days per week. I'm not TOO concerned about hitting that target every single week up to Loch Ness marathon, but I may as well start as I hope to go on.

And finally (again) I have to report that this year I will not be making a return to the Lakes 50 mile offroad ultra. I wanted to do it to try and beat 10 hours (took me 12hrs last year). But with various things happening (wedding mainly) and also training 'properly' for a second marathon (I usually just train ad-hoc and hope to run anywhere inside 3hrs), something had to give and it's the 50.

And finally finally, to uphold interest in any cowboys among my readers who may struggle with the text, the photo to accompany todays entry is me one hot day in July 2007. Nothing to do with the post but I dont think there needs to be really

No comments:

Post a Comment