As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Extra Extra read all about it

What an arduous run on Wednesday - NOT.

How fast could Scamp run a marathon?
In time my midweek long run will be 90 minutes +, but I need to start somewhere and I figured 60 minutes would do. Offroad and in the dark means I am forced to take it much easier than if it were a road run but I am unconcerned about the pace and will be working on time only. Being able to do this run with Scamp I can get out by about 430pm and this means I am home and finished nice 'n early compared to most other training days. I might even start this run from work next week. It is still light at 4pm so I could do 75 minutes and be home by 515. Much as I love training I also love having finished training and lounging about snacking and napping.

Plucky is running three times per week and, with his biking a lot too, is keeping very fit. Despite being rather speedy myself these days, the run with him each Thursday is quite an effort. And the fact that he keeps upping the time (now at 70 minutes) makes it quite a decent spell of training.

Day off today. I need it with the 14mile tempo run coming up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment