As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mud glorious mud

Today was easy run day. I took the dogs around the river route for a good hour and a halfs adventure. Very wet and muddy everywhere. No point in attempting to stay dry or clean so I just blasted through the middle of most of the puddles. Dogs were filthy too so, near the end I got them to chase a stick into a deep bit of the river then grabbed them as they emerged and ran home on the lead. Wet but fairly clean.

Yesterday did 4 x 1mile on my own. Legs felt as bad as I can ever remember. Only managed 5:44 average - terrible performance but I know it's not a lack of fitness as I could tell whilst running that my heartrate/breathing wasnt up to it's normal level for mile efforts. Cant really see me doing a 34 at next weeks 10k.

Also today I realised that the closing date for the 'good for age' entries to next years London Marathon has passed. I have always entered via the Championship system which closes in January, but as I no longer have a fast enough time in the last 2 years (sub 2:45) I need to enter via the good for age. Its still a guaranteed place but only if you remember to enter. Damn, I really want to do it next year as a possible weekend break from what I imagine will be a busy winter/spring of BG training.

No comments:

Post a Comment