As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Decent weekend

Not a bad weekends training under my belt.

Saturday was the usual run in Gelt Wood. Lap one with the dogs, then lap two trying quite hard throughout - (very hard last 10minutes).

Sunday was a 22mile hilly road run. Three laps of the Talkin-Foresthead circuit. At well over 100ft ascent per mile this is probably the hilliest 6.5 mile circuit to be found within 15 miles of the City. In 2004 and 2005 I would run this circuit every weekend pre-marathon. Back then I would expect lap times around 40-44 minutes. Nowadays a 44 is achieved only by trying pretty hard throughout the lap. A more modest set of figures were achieved yesterday 46:50, 46:16, 46:10. Followed up with another, shorter lap of around 3 miles which I crawled round at about 8:30 pace. I was pleased to run each main lap faster than the previous (although the third was a major effort to only get 10 seconds faster). All good training for Langdale marathon.

Today was an easy hour with the dogs in the mud and rain. Unusually, both dogs are currently curled up asleep on one bed (normally Daisy will not tolerate Scamp at such close quarters)

Tomorrow evening is the long awaited Dumfries 10k.

No comments:

Post a Comment