As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Here's that tunnel I was telling you about.......

..........and theres every chance that I will indeed run through it next Monday


Lots of complaints recently-

First off,  apparently I haven't been updating my blipfoto account often enough for some photography enthusiasts. Many apologies. I suppose its a bit like when you look forward to a great band releasing their next single with such eagerness and anticipation only for them to take an absolute age to do so. Don't be expecting owt  interesting today though - it'll almost certainly be the same image as you see above.

Next issue - Somebody said they thought the photo I took of them at a cross country event would be better if it had more interesting things in the background. Well I had been reliably schooled in the idea that race photos should be as clear and sharp as possible of the athletesinaction (see what I did there?) and NOT include background elements to distract from the subject. I even spent several hundred quid buying a lens that would make my backgrounds MORE blurred. However, the following week I took lots more photos of said complainer and ensured that they included all manner of background additions from farm buildings to, stone walls, gates, cattle troughs - you name it . Hopefully some purchases will follow.

And now onto the running. Well theres still no running  so lets move straight on to the cycling.
Last Sunday I once again trained with my pal Popsy and his CTC cronies. I was expecting it to be a similar ride to the previous week, ie under 2 hrs and quite hilly. But it turned out to be nearer 3 hours and VERY hilly. I was struggling a bit by the last half hour but remained in my position on the front of the group where I had been most of the day.

Finally, don't forget to have a read of my interesting photography blog

No comments:

Post a Comment