As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, November 1, 2010

It's been a long time coming for a short time running

"I went for a run today"

I haven't said that for 8 weeks

I was in such a good mood all day. Relishing the prospect of going for a run after work.....

Scamp was a bit miffed at getting a very curtailed walk. But little did he know that once we were home, put out the recycling for collection next morning, lit the fire, sent a couple of emails etc etc we were heading back out the door wearing not-yet-seen-this-autumn long sleeved top and shorts and back over  to the park and riverside trail.

I felt I could have ran constantly without incident but I took it sensible and interrupted the two miles  we covered with several walking breaks. It was spitting with rain, windy and damn cold when I was just walking but that didn't matter one jot. It was just good to be back into the normal routine.


Cow poo on my running shoes and sweat on my fave running  cap - great







2 comments:

  1. Do you not find it a bit risky putting the recycling out the night before - kicked over, blown all over the spot etc etc.
    Glad to hear your walking again tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its alright for you with a crappy Astra but I need to put it all out PRIOR TO janet coming home and parking in (and thereby narrowing) the drive which would then be a risk to my motors bodywork.

    ReplyDelete