As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The nearly man

19 Days to London Marathon

I'll not pretend that tonight's run was a normal marathon pace run as we have been doing most Tuesdays. Last week it more or less was but tonight I must admit that I ran pretty damn hard from the outset. I wanted to be inside 61 minutes and actually, secretly, I was hoping to dip inside the magic 60 minute mark. Sub six minute miling. Over Ten MPH. Alas, it wasn't to be. On the way out there was no detectable wind and I was just a few seconds inside those magic figures. Not feeling the wind did not mean it was not blowing though, and it was troublesome on the return leg, meaning a loss of pace and a sub 60minute run became extremely unlikely. Three miles to go, less than 18 minutes until the hour passes. In a last ditch, all out effort I did in fact manage to run 6:00 pace for this last part, and that was despite a headwind, a gate, a busy main road to cross and a two minute climb out of the park.

Without any photos pertinent to todays post I decided to take this one

to indicate my actual time for the Ten miles. Certainly can't complain about that time (but without another hard 10 miler before London I am not going to 'beat the hour' in training until the faster, sharper, summer training.)

No comments:

Post a Comment