As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Round up of the week

Tuesday has already been reported.
On Wednesday it was good to run with Milly again after several weeks. About 7miles at a very easy pace.
On Thursday I was back with Plucky for a 10miler. He wasn't wanting it to be as hard as last Thursday (6:10 pace), in fact he stated that 6:30 was his aim. This was an ideal pace for me, despite the rolling terrain it felt well within my comfort zone. At 9miles we had an average of 6:34 and feeling spritely, I asked Plucky if he wanted to do a 5:50 mile to bring the average up to where we had intended. He had been struggling throughout the run and was dropped as I upped the pace. I managed 5:45 for the final mile.
Friday was a rest day.
Saturday we were back at Gelt. Very heavy rain ensured all clothing and shoes were soaked through on the easy lap 1. Luckily it stopped raining by the end of the lap but fallen trees and huge puddles were making the going slow. I had hoped for a 30minute lap (31:15 last week) today, but realised this was unlikely given the conditions. On my own for the whole lap I managed 31:25 which I was happy with.
Today (Sunday) I didn't really have a firm plan in mind about what training to do. I had an idea that I would do my 13mile circuit, perhaps with a fast 10 within it. On the day I just ran the full 13 quite hard and was pleased to hit 6:30 average pace (1hr 24min).

A decent spell of training then, and hopefully to be repeated this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment