As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Seriously hard training

Tonight I met up with Plucky to run his rep's session.

5 times 5 minutes with 1 minute jog recovery.

I normally would do one mile reps with 2.5 to 4 minutes stationary recovery, so this session was a shock to the system with its short recovery period. Obviously the pace for the efforts needed to be slower than I was used to to avoid burning out early doors. It was an uphill start which yielded just outside 6:00 pace for the the first two reps, then the last three were all sub 5:40 pace.

I found this very tough indeed. Where last week I was easily able to drop Plucky, tonight I was more than happy to run alongside. Looking forward to running with Milly tomorrow. Hope he doesnt renegue.

No comments:

Post a Comment