As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Best day of the year (Part two)

So.... Where were we? Ah yes mid morning and over to meet Scotty in his sisters field. We got through some decent tonnage of tree, leaving many of the discs to dry out in the sun whilst fitting as many as we dared into our vehicles to take home. It wasn't a hot day Saturday, perhaps 12 degrees C, but it WAS very sunny indeed, making it, I suspect around 20C in the sun, possibly more. A perfect day for being outdoors.

Back to Carlisle and a stop at the local bakers to collect the some freshly made, delicious sandwiches for lunch. I sat in the glorious sun under my newly completed gazebo eating lunch with Janet. We had a good crack and a laugh about nowt in particular. After lunch I made good progress in the garden, tidying, pruning, hedge cutting, staining fences, stacking logs etc etc. I even found the time to hoover the car.

All in all a hugely enjoyable, highly productive day. This time of year can produce some of the best conditions for outdoor activities, be they leisure, sport, even work.

No comments:

Post a Comment