As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Ten mile toughie

Yesterday was our long tempo run. Plucky and Darren were with me as usual, but unlike usual I was struggling a little bit througout the 11miles (ten mile toughie sounded good and I couldnt think of any rhyme for eleven). I never got dropped but sometimes felt as if I might. Plucky was strong throughout the run, especially whenever the road sloped downwards. I was happiest when it sloped up. Darren was always there - never at the front but never more than a metre behind either - he should run well at next weekends Cumbrian Run.

At the end I looked at the pace for the first time and was slightly disapointed to see we had achieved 6:17 average. Not as fast as last week but certainly in the right ballpark.

It would be usual to train hard and increase pace and distance for 3 weeks, then ease back on the fourth week. I havent really been keeping a proper check on this and suspect I have gone too long without an easier week. Next week will be easier than the last two - due mainly to Plucky taking it easier for the Cumbrian Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment