As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Making the best of it

Following the poor show last Tuesday I ended up missing Thursday nights run altogether. I just couldnt be bothered to traipse out to Talkin, do the two laps then be home late.
The weekend runs were much better. Usual Gelt Woods on Saturday, then Sunday was at Talkin again. A 3 mile warm up followed by 2 full laps in a decent time. Despite the very easy 3mile section this was 16 very hilly miles at 7minute miling. This pace will be tough to manage at Langdale Marathon but I reckon 7:30s will be quite acheivable, so a time of 3:10 to 3:20 looks most likely.

Milly got married on Saturday and is now away for two weeks in the USA so I must ensure I arrange some training with others to avoid falling into the habit of missing sessions. Two of the best races of the year (Derwent 10 and Brampton 10) are still to come in November, and it would be nice to have some decent speed for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment