As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

On Countdown

No, not the long running Channel 4 show - countdown to Langdale marathon next Sunday. I always follow the same routine in the final week before a marathon. Sunday is always 10 miles steady effort. Aroundabout 6 or 7 easy pace on Monday then a mile less each day up to the Saturday when I will probably run for just 15mins or so with a couple of 90% effort sprints. usually I do 2x 1mile on the Wed or Thurs, running at about 30secs/mile slower than what I might manage if i tried really hard.

So far though I haven't followed the normal routine as I have worked late the last two nights. This shouldn't be a problem, as the most important factor is to avoid doing anything that builds lactic in the muscles. I will run tomorrow with the dogs for an hour or so, then again on Thursday.

I'm really looking forward to Langdale. I am in decent shape and I think sub 7:30miling should be within reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment