As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The good the bad and the ugly

Wednesdays run was good - an easy 8 miles. The pace was bang on target. Heartrate nice 'n low. Good crack with Milly.

Thursdays run was bad. Very bad. We have moved now from mile reps onto two-mile reps. Only two of them this week though. It was a pissy wet night and I was on my own for the session. We had discussed pace last week and imagined 5:45 would be the aim. I only managed 6:06 pace for the first effort and 5:58 for the second - very disappointing, especially as Milly ran slightly under target pace when he did the same session later on after he got finished working late. I don't know what was wrong with me but I am not worried as I can't possibly have lost fitness so drastically compared to Milly in the space of a few days and I'm sure I will be OK next week when we do 3 x 2miles.

On Saturday morning everything went perfectly to plan. I ran 13.5 miles at 6:58 per mile with an average pulse of 152. That 2 beats lower for 6 seconds/mile faster than last time we had an 'easy week' long run. Evidence of fitness gains, no matter how small, are nice to see.

So no ugly run, (perhaps I should have gone through to Penrith) but it seemed apt for the first two.

Today I am popping through toMaryport to run a 10mile race.

No comments:

Post a Comment