As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

sometimes its hard to think of a title

Thursday was reps. We ran approx 6 or 7 miles with 8 intervals within the run. 6 were about half a mile long, the other 2 were about a minute each. This was the best session we could manage given the conditions. The track was still closed, but it looks quite clear now so I think we should be able to get the 5x 1mile done this coming week.

Saturday was long run day. Ideally Sunday would be the day for a long run as I would always do approx 10miles the day before. When I've ran long on a Saturday its easy to miss training altogether on the Sunday (as happened today)

We ran 20 miles at 7:17 per mile. I was hoping for a quicker run than this - around 7:05 really. However, it was a dreadful day to run in terms of the weather with strong winds and icy rain for the first hour.

Milly struggled a little in the final couple of miles. I was overheating at first with my coat and gloves on but then felt better once I had shed them when it faired up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment