As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sub 7? Oh yes

What a great run we had today. Conditions were almost perfect for running, possibly a little cold at only 2 deg C but just about as good as is ever likely in the British winter. We were running 7 pace from the start and actually made 6:57 per mile for the 21 miles covered. This was with an average pulse of 155 which is pretty low for me and means I am at least as fit as 12 months ago and possibly even a smidgen fitter.

It may be a bit tough to maintain this every week but next week is the easy week (16) and the following week is the Buttermere race, so we will see how we get on in 3 weeks time.

Speaking of the Buttermere race, last year I ran it at 7:03 pace without putting in much real effort in the first 90 mins or so. Although the route is very hilly, including the climbs of Honister and Newlands passes, based on todays run of more or less the same distance I reckon I should be able to run 5 to 10 seconds inside 7's.

No comments:

Post a Comment