As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Midweek roundup

Tuesday I was on my own for mile reps. The first was scarcely more than a raised jog effort and took me 6:16. Thereafter I ran 5:47, 5:41, 5:41. These times are a long way from what I was achieving in the Autumn but I am fairly confident I will soon be under 5:30 again.

Wednesday was easy-pace-run night with Milly. I ran 9 miles and felt dreadful for over 8 of them. I think it may have been due to being overdressed and therefore overheating. An average pulse of about 160 for the run was far too high given that we ran 7:05 average pace.

Lesson learned re being too hot, I set out on Thursday in just two thin tops and shorts (no gloves, tights or hat). This was our marathon-pace effort which is thankfully only 8 miles at present. I felt pretty good throughout this run and the result was 6:20 pace with an average pulse only 5 beats higher than the previous evening. This run will increase in length each week (apart from the recovery week every fourth) and is becoming difficult to plan in terms of where we can go that is safe from vehicles and well lit. What a pain it is having to constantly backtrack and cover old ground again and again. The lighter evenings will be most welcome over the coming few weeks.

Tomorrow morning is 21 miles. Would be great to break 7 minute miling. Now that the ice has completely gone it should be a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment