As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Refreshed, and onto the final push

An easy week was definitely needed if I was to avoid breaking down with injury, illness, fatigue, or all three. I decided to run less distance and slower pace but with the same number of runs. To kick things off, on Monday I ran eight miles with six at effort. Only a mild effort though - 6:29 pace felt a nice conversational speed.

Tuesday was long-easy-offroad. Having been getting close to two hours recently I figured one hour would be enough. I spent a while longer than anticipated checking out some new routes through the fields towards Durdar and ended up at 75 mins. But very easy pace though.

ISO 100. f/20. 30 secs.
Wednesday I took a stroll up into the valleys of the low fells near Caldbeck with Scamp. We got as far as Roughten Gill where I wanted to take photos, but it was very cold and the light was poor. Shame we didn't have time to scramble up the side of the falls but time and daylight was our enemy.

By Thursday I felt much too tired to train so I went on Friday instead. Doing mile reps, even half hearted ones  the day before a hard long run seemed unwise so Friday was just 6 miles easy jogging.

The long hard run on Saturday was also cut back, to 12 miles. I reckoned I could run at about 6:05-6:10 per mile but from the outset I was only on 6:15 pace. At the finish I'd averaged 6:14 and felt a bit disappointed to be honest. Sunday I jogged again - 8 miles offorad.

So that was my easy week. I felt quite tired most of the week but I reckon I did get plenty of rest as tonights reps session went very well....

With Darren for company I ran three, two mile efforts. Each one was significantly quicker than I managed last time over this same session. Next time will be 4 by 2 miles  - gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment