As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Great Stuff

A quite superb run tonight with young Scamp. The weather was cold and bright  all day long and I was anticipating a pleasant offroad few miles in the late afternoon sun. For a change I opted to run along the Caldew instead of the Eden, which, from work is merely a few hundred yards of road then 5 miles of fields, tracks and trails to the village of Dalston. No real effort was being put into forward motion so it took 45 minutes to get to bridgend in Dalston. The route had been very muddy, very twisty and very steep in places and I didnt really want to return the same way as it would be getting dark, especially in the wooded areas. Luckily there is a very flat route back along the opposite side of the water, it even has a tarmac footpath all the way back to Carlisle (though I avoided using that wherever possible in favour of the field or river edge path).

We got back to where we began after 85 minutes but still had the two miles from work to home to run.  Including a brief stop at Scamps favourite drinking hole under Eden bridge we'd done a 103 minute run and it still wasnt dark - Great.

Track night wasnt so great! 4 by 1200metres again should have been no problem considering I should really be doing miles, but my legs felt quite tired and jaded from the start and by the last rep I felt I was straining so I quit after two laps. Definitely in need of an easier period of training.

Monday I felt mentally tired from the weekends exertions and opted to run/jog/walk for an hour at 4pm with Scamp instead of waiting until 6mp to run with the Milly group.
Some more grate stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment