As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cakes, puddings and lager

With Sundays run being such a toughie I did no more than necessary on Monday, just got myself out to the six oclock Milly group and ran a few easy miles, probably about 6.

Tuesday, usually reps night, I changed routine and ran 10 miles with a 7 mile time trial effort within it.
Daz came with me and held on until the last two miles when he dropped off the pace. I was determined to get everything out of myself and really kept the pressure on until I'd completed the 7. A fraction inside 6:04 was the pace - good, but need to do it for a mile further next week!

Wednesday I ran out from work with Scamp. 105 minutes, easy pace, offroad. It doesn't really matter how easy I run this - by 80 minutes I am feeling more than a little tired and wishing I was finished.

So tonight, Thursday, was my reps night. The wind was terrific. Terrific as in very strong, not bloody brilliant. This, and my legs being very very jaded from the outset, resulted in slow times of 12:01 for a two mile rep and a 5:48 and 6:01 for the two singles.

It will be a shame to miss running with Milly and his young trackstars on Monday night, but to try to avoid feeling so wasted next week I think I might try doing Tuesdays training on Monday, Wednesdays long easy run on Tuesday and then something easy on Wednesday to be better equipped to do some good reps on the Thursday. Such a plan wouldn't work on occasions when the hardest run of the weekend falls on a Sunday, but as I'll be doing 22/23 this Saturday and not much at all Sunday so hopefully it will pan out OK

No comments:

Post a Comment