As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Le tit

Thurs - 4 x 1mile reps
5:37
5:25
5:37
5:27

I admit to being a little disappointed not to run 5:30 miling as an average for these 4 reps. I've looked back to try and find the previous occasion I did 4 by a mile but I can't find when. Perhaps this blog isn't the best way to record the specifics of distances and times. It IS a good outlet for prattling on about nowt important though so I shall continue for now.

Back with Darren for this session tonight. Dropped him on the last 3 efforts but he is pleased nevertheless
as his times are still faster than recent months/years.

Last night I was intent on running just 6 or 7 miles easy but then my pal Scotty phoned last minute to ask if I was running - we did 8 miles at 6:31 pace - not  exactly a jog! In fact only 18 months ago 6:30 was my goal pace for marathon effort runs. A target I often didn't manage.

Tuesday night I went to the track again (as if the council don't have enough of my cash already).
I was feeling rubbish following the effort of Sundays "race" so opted to do just a few reps but quite fast. The Harriers were doing 600m reps then 300s. I did the two 600s but as I have never done that distance before I couldn't  easily work out what my times equated to over one of regular distances and now I have forgotten what they were.  I then did just one 800m effort.  Running really hard I clocked  2:31. I never even considered doing any of the 300m efforts. 400m is the shortest I ever run and thats quite rare.

I think theres a week (or maybe 2) until I begin my 'proper' training schedule. It might break me - I'm not really looking forward to it very much. Lots of stuff I am looking forward to coming soon though,

Wedding
Week or more off work
Trip round Britain
Uber long fellrun
Activity weekend in Keswick with a few pals
Some good races (Swinside and Moffat)

Race coming up this weekend too - Skiddaw fell race. Straight up Skiddaw from Keswick then straight back down again. It's a horrible race (the downhill bit). No idea why I do it every year really, but I know I am fitter than last year so I'm hoping to prove this with a quicker time.

Two dogs on top of Skiddaw

No comments:

Post a Comment