As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Blimey Charlie

Should be 'blimey Stu' but 'blimey Stu' isn't a famous catchphrase from yesteryear. 'Blimey Charlie' is.

I've just read that my good pal Penrith Stu is running 50 mile weeks UP THE FELLS! That's some serious mileage and underlines how seriously he is taking his BG prep. I am always pleased to find I have ran a 50 mile week on road - taking probably only half the time.

Milly is back from holidays now but has been struck by the sickness bug. Seems this final spell of training is a challenge logistically as much as the physical effort required. If he isn't coming tomorrow I shall get out nice 'n early and attempt to batter myself around the 14 mile circuit. The best part of marathon training is that a 14 mile run, which at Christmas was only a couple of miles shy of our longest weekly run, now feels like bugger all distance. Of course, if I run it at target pace then I will nevertheless be pretty wrecked afterwards. Hope it's nice weather tomorrow. Today was a horrible day, especially compared to last weeks calm, sunny conditions.

My Garmin is broken.

Possibly worth a post title in it's own right that one. Yes, it went kaput last Saturday. Despite using it for most every run and analysing the data over and over, I am happy enough to train without it from now. I didn't have one in 2004 - every race and training run was done on 'feel' back then and I seemed to manage OK. Of course I can still time my runs on my watch and as long as I stick exactly to known circuits (like Talkin) I can continue to chart my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment