As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

all the sixes

Tuesday was six, one mile reps at the track. Third week at the track means I have spent six pounds thirty pence with the city council now - (it should be free in lieu of the resources fit people DON'T take from the NHS). I felt a bit under par for these to be honest. The first one in 5:39 was a good warm up. The next alongside Plucky in 5:28 seemed a little harder than it should, so I checked myself a little and ran the third with Darren in 5:23. Feeling brave I rolled out the big guns for the fourth and managed 5:18 (2 seconds slower than last weeks big effort, but to be honest i could tell all the way round the that i wasn't really firing at 100%). We all ran together for rep 5 to record 5:26 then the Sixth and final effort was upon us. I let Plucky take the first two laps then took on the last 800m myself. I felt I was struggling, losing form and probably slowing so I ran in the centre of lane 1 to allow Plucky past if he wanted. I was still pushing hard though and he was unable to pass me. We recorded another 5:23. Darren was distanced on this rep.

Earlier on Tuesday I briefly called in at home to tidy up a little for a party we were having that evening. I opened a letter that turned out to be from the Derwent race the other week. Six pounds to spend at Pete Blands - handy - a free pair of socks or similar. Later in the evening i looked again at the voucher. it's only blummin SIXTY pounds isn't it. Not six. That's free trainers that is.

Tonight (Wed) I ran (without dogs) my usual easy pace effort. With a record low average pulse in the mid to high 140s I achieved 6:54 per mile for Six miles. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment