As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Cheers Cowboy

Despite taking a few days to compile and re-check my previous post reporting my L50 race, I managed to overlook one rather important person.

Penrith Stu tore into me last year for taking so long to complete the event and messing about talking to lasses when I should have been getting on with it. Along with me he then entered the L50 on the first day of registration and promised we would do it together and tear up the course, smashing 10 hours.

Things havent gone so well for the auld lad and he had to withdraw. He was still bigging me up though, and emailed and txt all the time to tell me I could easily get in the top 10 if not top 3. I thought that top 3 was ridiculous but knew he was right and I had it within me to improve massively on my 2011 time. Despite injury he also 'came with' on numerous training runs and a route recce.

On the Friday he drove all the way to Coniston to give me a lift home to Carlisle, then he came along to the start and watched me head off up the fell from Pooley Br' with encouragement. He even came back to Coniston again on the Sunday just to see me go up on stage at the presentation/Marcs comedy routine.

So cheers fella - you may be the ugliest fekker in the County but you are a great pal.

(and I've deliberately not mentioned that most of the photos were taken by you just so you still have something to moan about)

No comments:

Post a Comment