As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Return of the Mac(intosh)

I took my old faithful iBook to Lanzrote and back.

Since I returned home (now over two weeks ago) I have completed plenty of good training. Tiredness has began to overtake me though and although I have been putting the effort in - the stopwatch has shown I have been suffering from the effects of all these weeks of intense training.

My first long run once back home was a solid 26 miler comprising 4 laps of the hilly Talkin loop. I was well outside my usual sub 3hrs for it though! next long run is tomorrow - 23 miles - aiming to run 7 pace as its a flat route.

Marathon Pace run went well - I ran a negative split (by 10 seconds) on an out and back course DESPITE a headwind for most of the return leg. Pace was 6:25 - I had hoped for sub 6:20, but on the plus side this didnt seem to take a lot out of me and I was able to race the following day.

For reps Ive been doing 5 by 3minutes over a 3 mile circuit (5:30 pace on both occasions) and I've also done my four, two mile reps, around the 10 mile loop. This took me 63:45 but considering 16mins 45 of that was jogging recovery between reps I am damn pleased with the pace there.

The midweek long-but-easy run is now so long (at 2 hrs) that I'm struggling to think of places to go to avoid doubling back or going on tarmac. Poor Scamp, who accompanies me for these, is gonnna suffer when marathon training is finished

Only one week of seriously hard training to go now. Then two weeks before marathon day to go I'll do 16 miles at marathon pace then ease right back for a week then taper for the final week.

Also got (another) new camera today - for a change I might even include some photos on my blog - once I've learnt how to use it

No comments:

Post a Comment