As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Friday, January 21, 2011

TW3 (ask your dad)

With Saturday being slow but long(ish) and Sunday being short(ish) and fast(ish) I was a bit tired on Monday and couldnt even be bothered to go running after id been to work all day and walked Scamp.
But by about half five I was feeling guilty about not going so I went along to the Sands leisure centre with the idea of tagging along with whoever turned up for the usual 6 oclock run.

Only 3 there. My pal Milly (a bloke). Ali (a girl) and Millys sister (also a girl). Unllike the popular 5 piece singing sensation, girls aren't allowed so it was just me and Milly. What I hadn't considered that this might not be an easy jog. Millys plan was 5 miles in 30 minutes. This would definitly not be an easy jog!

I wasnt sure if I would even be able to stay with him so we chose a route with a U turn, giving me an option to stop, rest and rejoin. I managed it though, and we were quite a few seconds inside the 30 mins. A good start to the week.

On Tuesday there was no way I was going to train hard so jogged about 7 or 8 miles with Scamp.

Wednesday I ran mile reps again. Four of them, same as last week but instead of treating number one as a warm up I ran all four at decent effort.

1) 6:02 - nowt flash - just getting into my stride
2) 5:52 - good relaxed effort throughout
3) 5:41 - well warmed up so really pushed hard throughout this rep
4) 5:45 - Really enjoyed this one - could have done another

So as I  predicted, I ran faster than last week when doing these for the first time in months.
I was a bit concerned that I managed about 5:55 pace for 5 miles non stop and "only" about 5 seconds a mile faster for these four one mile efforts. I think I am a bit stuck in one speed mode, and its about 10mph!
Still, run that fast on 17th April and all will be well.

Thursday was a very gloomy, misty, cold day. Walking home with Scamp I was not relishing the 7 mile pace run I had promised myself I would complete. I had a bit on at home too so promised myself I would do it on Friday instead. So, Zero miles for Thursday.

Tonight I was late home from work and the weather wasnt much better. I cut the run short from 7 to 5miles but ran my fastest time of 31 mins. (I'm not counting the 29:45 with Milly 'cos that was a completely different session/effort from the beginning).

So,
That was the week that was
(never mind your Dad you maybe need to ask your Gran)

No comments:

Post a Comment