As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Brampton to Carlisle race. Recent History (2011 - 2012)

2011. 23rd place 56 min 52 secs.
A full year of injury free running and I was in decent nick once again. I can remember this being a real race between several of us with myself, Chris Neil, Harry Earl, Josh Hebson, Ste Hebb' Plucky, George Thompson etc all being in an early group together. One by one we were spat out with Hebb, Harry and Geo leaving me, Neil and Josh behind. Plucky had fell off the pace much earlier, and then me and Josh traded blows until I eventually got the better of him and narrowly edged Neil to the line.
A great race and surely much to do with a decent result.

Jared Hagos won in 47.51. The fastest winning time since I began running this race in 1998.

2011 result CLICK

2012. 32nd place in 58mins 50 secs.
A good year pre- Brampton. In June I won the Karrimor Trail Marathon then also won the Lakes 50 in July. But at  the end of the summer I suffered an injury, which, didn't stop me running but which hurt an awful lot. Both Achilles tendons suffered after I ran a silly and uncharacteristic  speed session whilst on holiday in August. Back home, one day in September they hurt so much that I stopped running and walked 7 miles home, taking two hours. Handily, it was a nice day weather wise if not in terms of my mood by the time I got home.
I never had to stop running/training, and handily I was ok when running slower and on soft ground so I even won a 50k trail event in October.
I be honest now and say that I have no recollection of the race merely 50 weeks ago. Yet I can remember almost every mile of the 2004 Derwentwater 10.

2012 result CLICK

2013. ??nd place in ??mins ?? secs.
This has been a good year so far, one of the best actually. I completed the Bob Graham Round in June and a couple of marathon under my belt too. Track mile times and my 10 mile training route have been recorded as the fastest I've managed for a year or two so fingers crossed for a good Brampton.
As things stand right now, with 14 days to go to the Brampton to Carlisle race 2013, I think I am in decent shape and I have every confidence of being at least a couple of minutes, and hopefully 3 or 4 inside the hour.

#WeContinue

No comments:

Post a Comment