As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Monday, June 21, 2010

its late and I cant think of a good title

So. Where was I? Did I do Tuesday? Yes I think so....

Wednesday was hot and with only an easy run planned I couldn't find the motivation to get out and do it. So, a missed day.

Thursday was hotter, but knowing I had proper training to do was motivation enough to get me out the door and complete 8 miles at a decent pace. Darren joined me for the planned 6:15 pace run. Into the wind we ran 6:09 pace but then Darren began to fall away from the pace considerably as we ran home. Initially I waited for him by running really wide on corners but after a mile of that I decided I would be better to simply run to the end then note how long it took him to arrive. two minutes after finishing Darren came in. He had dropped to 6:40 pace but hadn't stuck to the exact route so it was therefore difficult to work out what pace I had achieved (as I hadn't timed it myself). It seems reasonable to say I ran between 6:15s and 6:20s , which, as it had felt fairly steady and certainly never hard, I was pleased with.

Friday was a day off as usual - I did consider doing something to make up for missing Wednesday but it would only have been a jog and as it was lovely weather I opted for a spot of sunbathing.

Saturday I ran 10miles of intervals. My classic session of 4 mins easy 11mins hard times Four. With a discrepancy over the distance (from recent Garmin measurement compared to my original measurement of 10 years ago) I now always run the longer route. At half way I was just inside 31 minutes but knew it was a mild headwind back. I knew I was on for a good result when I was still running my final 11minute rep' as I ran up out of the park and crossed the main road. Usually I'm crossing this road after my efforts have finished and I have no issues stopping the watch until I can cross safely. But still going for it, I didnt want to stop unless forced to and I lost a couple of seconds slowing to dart between moving the cars. The end came one second inside 62 minutes. My fastest time in many years. On the old course I ran well inside 61 minutes. I only ever beat the hour once or twice on the old course!

Sunday was as poor for training as Saturday was good. I got up too late to go to the Lakes as planned and couldnt find the motivation to go running until 8 oclock at night. I'd left over 3 hours from eating a big roast dinner to going out but still found it impossible to run properly. I did about 4 miles but the last couple were walking back home with Scamp.

Tonight (Monday) I was determined to do a long run to make up for missing Sunday. I went to Gelt and ran three full laps. Pretty slowly - didn't even time them.

And finally the picture round - sorry the picture round will have to wait until another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment