As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday - a day of rest

With the previous 3 days training in the bag and decent runs planned for Sat/Sun, today is a well earned day off training.

Despite not running last Sunday and Monday I felt rubbish on Tuesday and really didn't want to go running at all, never mind attempting 11miles at pace.

Milly was also below par following his missed weekend due to illness. So we decided that 6:20 per mile would be an acceptable pace for the night. (6:20 is always the target pace but we nearly always beat it).

With the the first mile under our belt in 6:31 it seemed likely that we would be much slower on this occasion. It didn't really matter to me if we were slower as long as the effort was there. After about 6 miles I felt much better and noticed we were picking off the miles in times like 6:14, 6:23, 6:19 etc. At the final bell we had ran an average of 6:22 which was fantastic considering the slow start and general couldnt-be-arsedness I felt pre run.

Wednesday we ran 10miles at 6:56 pace. Very pleased with this, my fastest average pace for this run, but also my lowest average pulse!

Thursday I was short of time and after an incomplete warm up I ran 4x 1mile on the track.
5:45 (as an additional warm up)
5:35
5:28
5:30

Milly is not racing on Sunday (Buttermere). He's doing 22miles tomorrow (Sat) at the usual time so I am going to run the first 11mile loop with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment