As a youngster, I would get home from School, get changed and go out to play with my pals.
Now I'm older, I get home from work, get changed and go out to play with my pals, but now I call it training.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good start to the week

Still a bit too much ice knocking about for my liking. Some fresh snow last night (Tues) too. It's nice to look at but it's a bugger for getting decent training done - i wish it would all melt and not come back until next Christmas.

Tuesday we (me and Milly) ran a marathon pace effort for 7 miles. I expected to run outside 6:20 pace due to the remnants of ice forcing us to take care on corners and continually jump from the pavement to the road (to avoid icy stretches) and vice versa (to avoid speeding motorists). We made 6:22 pace - not bad going. This is the key run of the midweek and will soon begin to hurt as we increase length by a mile each week.

Tonight was easy pace night. Last year we ran these at around 7minute miling. For this year I thought that 6:50 pace should be achievable whilst still keeping the effort at minimal. The fresh snow made some parts treacherous but overall we mostly found good dry roads to run along so I was a little disappointed to record 7:13 for the 9 miles covered. However, the heartrate data proved no major effort was involved. The most important aspect of this run is to cover the distance, get the running into the legs, muscles, tendons.

Tomorrow should be mile intervals. Theres no chance we be able to do these. We may do a fartlek session instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment